- 1 How Much Does A Laptop Screen Repair Cost?
- 1.1 How Do I Determine Whether My Laptop Screen Is Damaged?
- 1.2 What Are The Factors That Influence Screen Repair Costs?
- 1.3 How Much Does It Cost To Repair A Laptop Screen?
- 1.4 What Are The Prices Of Various Laptop Screen Sizes?
- 1.5 Price To Repair Laptop Screens From Various Manufacturers
- 1.6 1. Dell
- 1.7 2. HP
- 1.8 3. ASUS
- 1.9 4. Lenovo
- 1.10 5. Acer
- 1.11 6. Toshiba
- 1.12 7. Apple MacBook
- 1.13 8. Samsung
- 1.14 How Much Does It Cost To Replace The Screen On A MacBook At The Apple Store?
- 1.15 How Much Will It Cost To Repair My MacBook Screen With AppleCare?
How Much Does A Laptop Screen Repair Cost?
Laptop screens are expensive. You might think that replacing a damaged laptop screen is cheap, but it isn’t. Damaged laptop screens can cost anywhere between $100 and $300, depending on the manufacturer.
This guide estimates the cost of repairing laptop screens from various manufacturers. It’s important to note that not every laptop screen needs to be replaced. Some minor scratches may only require a simple cleaning.
However, if there is significant damage to the screen, then it should be replaced.
You’ll find that most laptop screens are made of glass, plastic, or tempered glass. These materials are very fragile and easily breakable. Therefore, it’s important to avoid dropping your laptop onto hard surfaces. Also, never place your laptop near any sharp edges or corners.
If you drop your laptop, try to keep it upright until you reach a safe location. Don’t attempt to move your laptop yourself unless you’re certain that you won’t cause further damage. Instead, call a professional to come and fix your laptop.
How Do I Determine Whether My Laptop Screen Is Damaged?
Various indications can help you find out if the laptop screen is damaged. Here are some examples:
- If there are lines or distorted images on the screen, then that means that the screen has malfunctioned. Minor damages such as this can usually be fixed by simply cleaning the surface with a cloth. However, if the problem persists, it’s time for a replacement.
- If the screen appears cloudy, then that could mean that dust particles have accumulated inside the screen. Cleaning the screen using a soft brush can also resolve this issue. Screen damage caused by dust particles will often appear as small black dots.
- If the screen is cracked, then that means that something has broken the protective layer. Cracks can occur due to external factors like drops, bumps, and other accidents. To prevent cracks from occurring, always use a laptop stand when placing your laptop on a table or desk.
- If your screen shows black spots, then it indicates that your screen is physically damaged or broken.
You may notice that there is no display at all. This could mean that the screen is disconnected from the motherboard. You’ll need to contact a local computer repair shop if you see a blank screen.
Several things can cause a blank screen, including damaged cables, bad RAM, or a dead hard drive. If you suspect that the problem is caused by a broken cable, then you’ll need a replacement cable.
What Are The Factors That Influence Screen Repair Costs?
If your laptop is still under warranty, then you should consider getting it repaired rather than replacing the entire screen. You’ll save money and time, plus you won’t have to worry about buying a new computer. However, if your laptop isn’t under warranty, then you might want to think twice before spending hundreds of dollars on a replacement screen.
Broken laptop screen costs vary based on the brand of the laptop.
The following factors will influence how much it costs to repair a laptop screen:
The larger the screen, the more expensive it will be to repair. Smaller screens tend to be cheaper because they don’t take up as much space.
Different brands offer varying levels of quality and service. For example, Apple products Laptop model: A newer laptop will usually cost less to repair than an older one.
How well the laptop is maintained will also affect its price.
Brands like Dell, HP, Lenovo, Toshiba, etc. offer different warranties for their computers. Make sure that you know what kind of warranty you have before you decide whether or not to get your laptop fixed.
You can fix most problems yourself, but certain issues require professional assistance. For instance, if your screen is cracked or broken, you’ll need to pay for a replacement. Also, if your laptop is running slowly, you may need to purchase additional memory or hard drive space.
There are several reasons why you might want to buy a new laptop instead of repairing your old one. One reason is that you don’t want to spend any extra money on a brand-new computer. Another reason is that you don’t want to risk damaging your current laptop. And finally, you might just prefer a newer model.
Regardless of whether your laptop is under warranty and/or you decide to repair it yourself, you’ll still need to determine how much it costs to replace your screen. There are many variables involved, including the price of the screen itself, the labor required to install it, and the cost of shipping the laptop to and from the repair shop.
How Much Does It Cost To Repair A Laptop Screen?
Laptop screens are expensive, especially if they are broken. You may think that replacing a laptop screen costs nothing, but there are several hidden fees involved. Considerations for knowing the costs of repairing laptop screens:
- You’ll need to determine whether your laptop is covered by a warranty or not. If your laptop is still under warranty, then you should consider repairing it yourself. However, if your laptop isn’t under warranty, then you’ll need to pay for the repairs.
- You’ll need to figure out the price of the replacement screen. There are two main types of laptops: those made by Microsoft and those made by Apple. Both types of laptops come at varying prices.
- You’ll need to decide whether you’d rather fix the problem yourself or hire a professional to do it. If you decide to fix the problem yourself, then you’ll need a variety of tools and knowledge. On the other hand, if you decide to hire a professional, then you’ll need time and money.
- You’ll need to factor in shipping charges. Shipping charges vary depending on where you live and the type of laptop you buy.
- You’ll need to consider the cost of labor. Labor costs depend on the skill level of the technician and the number of hours he works.
- You’ll need a place to store the new laptop until it arrives. Depending on where you live, you may need to rent storage space for the laptop.
- Finally, you’ll need to purchase the parts needed to complete the repair. Parts include the laptop screen itself, screws, adhesive tape, etc.
If you’re planning to replace a laptop screen, then you’ll want to take all of these factors into consideration.
What Are The Prices Of Various Laptop Screen Sizes?
There are several types of laptop screens, including LCD, LED, and plasma. Each type has its pros and cons, so it’s important to consider which type of screen is right for you. Flagship models often have the best displays, but they also tend to be more expensive than mid-range models.
You can easily compare prices between various brands using our price comparison tool. You’ll be able to view the prices of various laptop screens from different manufacturers. Applicable taxes and shipping charges will also be included in the final price.
To find prices for laptop screens, simply enter the model number of your laptop into the search box above. Then, to view the results, click the Compare button.
The variety of laptop models comes with different screen sizes; therefore, each laptop has different screen specifications that include the type of screen (LCD or LED), size, and resolution. The cost also depends on the manufacturer; a reputable manufacturer costs more than a normal manufacturer.
The cost of the laptop display varies depending on the type; the cost of an LCD is less than that of an LED. The estimated cost of an LCD screen is $50–100, while the LED would cost around $200.
Windows laptops vary in size, and there are a variety of laptops available on the market, so listing all the laptop screen size costs would be difficult. The Windows-based laptop screen size generally ranges from 11.6″ to 17″. The price of the screens would go from $40 to $150.
Apple laptop screens cost more than those on normal Windows-based laptops. The average cost of replacing a laptop screen is about $80. MacBooks don’t have huge size variations, as they come only in 13, 15, and now 16-inch screen sizes. The screen costs of the MacBook are mentioned in the table below:
Cost of Display Type Apple MacBook 13-Inch Display: $260 Apple MacBook 15-Inch Display: $500 Apple MacBook 16-Inch Display: $560
Price To Repair Laptop Screens From Various Manufacturers
Here are some examples of the prices you might expect to pay to fix a laptop screen:
Dell is one of those well-known computer manufacturers that not only make computers for normal use but also a gaming. If you need to fix a broken screen, the price might be anywhere from $45 to $100. For high-quality screens, the price could go up from $120 to $200.
Another company that makes high-end computers is HP. The average price for repairing a computer screen by a professional would be approximately $300.
A new screen for an ASUS computer costs between $40 and $70. Adding the repair shop’s fees adds up to approximately $130–$170.
Lenovo ThinkPad is another well-known laptop brand. The average cost for repairing or replacing the screen on a Lenovo ThinkPad is $60, but some models can cost up to $350.
For an Acer laptop screen, the price ranges from $50 to $300, depending on the model. If you need to replace the entire laptop, the total cost could be anywhere between $150 and $500.
Toshiba is another brand that manufactures laptops. However, Toshiba is not as well known as some other brands, so its repair costs are usually higher than others.
7. Apple MacBook
MacBooks are famous for their quality, and Apple pays special attention to their laptops’ displays. MacBooks have high-resolution displays known as retina displays. The MacBook’s display costs $250–$500, plus the repair costs make it even more expensive.
Because Apple computers are difficult to repair, they cost more than regular laptop repairs.
If you want to get your MacBook fixed, you’ll have to pay at least $450. However, if you’re willing to spend an extra $150, you can get a new one instead of fixing the old one.
Samsung is another well-known and reputable brand of computer hardware. They make high-quality LED monitors and laptops. Their products are very popular because they are affordable and easy to maintain. A new Samsung monitor costs around $100–150. Repairing an older Samsung monitor can range between $40 and $70.
How Much Does It Cost To Replace The Screen On A MacBook At The Apple Store?
MacBook owners should consider replacing their old screens if they are getting close to the end of their warranty. Replacing the screen on a MacBook is pretty simple. You’ll only need to bring your computer to an authorized Apple store where technicians will remove the display and install a new one.
You may not realize it, but there are two types of MacBook screens: LCD and LED. Both types work similarly, but the difference between the two is that LCD screens require less power and last longer than LED screens. LCD laptop screen prices start at about $80 and go all the way up to $400.
LCD screens are generally cheaper than LED screens, but they tend to be thicker and heavier. However, they are still very affordable and can easily be replaced for under $100.
LED screens are thinner and lighter than LCD screens, but they consume more energy and therefore cost more to replace. They typically start at $150 and can go up to $300 or more depending on the model.
Replacing the screen on a MacBook is fairly inexpensive, but it’s worth checking out the prices of replacement screens to find out whether it makes sense to buy a new one. There are many popular laptops including MacBook Pro, MacBook Airs, MacBook, iMacs, iPads, iPhones, iPods, and many others!
How Much Will It Cost To Repair My MacBook Screen With AppleCare?
If you’re thinking about buying AppleCare+ for your MacBook Pro, you might be wondering how much it’ll cost to replace your screen if anything goes wrong.
You’ll pay $99 for a cracked or damaged screen on your MacBook. However, any additional damages will bump your total bill to $299. So, if you break your screen, you’ll end up paying $200 more than you’d expect.
That said, there are plenty of reasons why you should buy AppleCare+. Not only does it cover accidental damage, but it also covers hardware failure due to manufacturing defects. And, if you ever decide to sell your MacBook, you won’t lose any value since AppleCare+ extends the warranty to two years after the original purchase date.
Apple Care + is available for MacBooks purchased in 2015 or later. Repairs for MacBooks with AppleCare + begin at $149. Apple Care+ includes free shipping and 90 days of complimentary technical support. The warranty period and warranty standards vary by country. Please check local laws before purchasing.